Thursday, January 19, 2012

My (not so secret) pancake recipe

Ok this week I said I was going to loose 10 kilos and today I'm posting a pancake recipe. That's just asking for trouble!

Anyway, this is a favourite of my kids so I thought I would share.

Helping to mix!
These have the stamp of approval from my Canadian husband and the recipe came from his mum!

Lil Pip Pancakes


Ingredients
1 1/4 cups of plain flour, sifted (self raising if you want them extra fluffy see note below)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 cup of milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
(1/2 teaspoon of salt - I never add this)
Place all your dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl or jug, mix the milk, egg and oil together. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. Whisk well. The mixture might be a little lumpy so don't worry. It is best not to overbeat and loose the air you have put in during the sifting. 
Note: You could use self raising flour with the baking powder for extra fluffy pancakes. I have done this before (by mistake) but just be aware that they will take longer to cook on each side so you might need to turn the heat down so you don't end up with them burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.

Use a tablespoon to pour a spoonful of the mixture into your fry pan. I purposefully don't make them big as they are easier for the kids to manage. The mixture will be enough for 2-3 serves so you might need to double it for a family of 4!


Who can pick where the element is on my fry pan?
Cheeky showoff!
Satisfied customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...